Service and Fund Raising
- Kent Cornucopia Days – part of the Seafair and South King County’s largest family festival celebrating its 44th year in 2015. Kent Cornucopia Days includes a street fair with over 600 vendors, carnival, food courts, entertainment stages, soccer tournament, parade and dragon boat races at Lake Meridian (check out this race video).
- Kent Farmers Market – established in 1974 and currently held in the Town Square Plaza Park. This market is the oldest market in South King County presenting up to 100 vendors each Saturday beginning in June.
- Kent Winterfest – “A Gift to Kent” by the Kent Lions includes Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on the first Saturday in December. This year’s ad, click here.
- Tahoma National Cemetery – support for the Veterans’ Day and Memorial Day ceremonies
- Kent Youth Sports Teams – sponsorship of numerous Kent youth sports teams
- Senior Breakfast and BBQ – several times a year, serves free breakfast and BBQ at the Kent Seniors Center. Latest Senior Breakfast schedule, click here.
- Eye and hearing exams – provides free exams, glasses and hearing aids to local needy individuals with the emphasis on Kent School District students.
- Sponsorship of numerous other local organizations including: Children’s Therapy Center, Kent Food Bank, Kent Historical Society and Kent Senior Center